Monday, August 18, 2008

The first day of my blog life.

Okay. I thought my life was falling apart, but I'm good. I mean, I cried so hard I made my nose bleed, but you know, fully recovered. :) So...after convincing by both Lindsey and Danielle, I finally gave in. I created a blog and I'm officially a cyberspace internet junkie. I think it's a good move up in the world for me, this way I don't have to write a thousand e-mails updating everyone and I can release some of the emotional build-up that is increasing as of late.
My life: Richard is leaving for China Wednesday. That's really all that's on my mind. I don't think it's really sunk in yet, but he's in Las Vegas right now, so baby steps. Definitely good for me. I am leaving for Washington D.C. on Sunday. I haven't even packed yet. My bedroom is a disaster. I think that "tropical storm Fay" struck. In my bedroom. I didn't really realize how bad it was until Richard went in there and was stuck. Literally. There was no room to walk around! Not to mention many "girl items" strewn willy-nilly around the place. It's okay, Richard doesn't pick up on those things. But I am making progress! I moved my large suitcase (I can fit inside it) and have started packing while watching Juno. Well, I'm writing this so I'm not making much progress now.
This morning I woke up to a call from Richard (that's the best way to start your day, not breakfast.) After we were done talking, I rushed to work to make sure I wasn't scheduled. I wasn't thank goodness. I was going to call in and tell them I threw up last night anyways, which wouldn't be a total lie. I felt sick at least! But I have to go in tonight. I came home and Emmie was like, "Richard?" I told her he was gone. I don't think she understood. She still carries around a picture of them all over the house! It always finds itself back above her changing table though.
So my pants are too long. My parents dropped $400 dollars at Anne Taylor buying pant-suits for me when I start my internship and surprise, surprise! the pants were too long. I'm getting them tailored tomorrow. Okay, Emmie is throwing everything out of my suitcase. I need to intervene.

5 comments:

liNdsEYloO said...

you are uber cute! i TOLD you i would love your blog! nose bleed, eh? i haven't cried that way in a long time- rich is a lucky guy, i mean, having achick love you that much is definitely an ego boost ;)
it'll all be okay, promise!

Cynthia said...

Um I think you should add my time zone to your little world clock thingy. I feel left out. Love you!

anna banana said...

so glad you started a blog! They are awesome, and I can't wait to read about your D.C. adventures.

stewart.shana.ella said...

Blogs are the coolest, I love that you started one. Time will fly by, you will be ok I promise. But it still stinks, trust me I know:)

Danielle said...

Man! i just found your blog! I can't believe it took me this long. Anyway, welcome to blogland! Yay for blogs!! Excited to hear about your new independent adventures :)