Monday, August 25, 2008

The District of Columbia

So my first day in DC is just a huge blur. I arrived at my apartments at around 2 in the morning. After our flight was delayed due to technical difficulties, a medical emergency, and the metro was under construction. Yeah. I didn't want to wake any of my roommates, so I crashed on the couch. I still woke up early enough to talk to Richard though. Afterward, what did I do? Be responsible and go grocery shopping and clean the kitchen my roommates destroyed? No. I went sightseeing. We walked all around the Mall, went to the National Botanical Gardens, made new friends, and found out where I will be spending most of my time (Senate Dirksen Building Room 436.) It was pretty awesome. After that I did what every normal girl would do in this situation. Shop! And let me tell you, the shopping on the east coast is phenomenal! But I exercised self control and only bought two things from H&M. Yay Erika!
We went home after that and I was just pooped. Out. But, alas, something else had to come up. The internet card in Richard's computer wasn't working, so I opened it up and re-inserted it (just like the guy at Best Buy did before!) and I go back to turn it on...and nothing happens. I panicked. I tried again, opened it again, nothing. I hyperventilate and start crying. Then I call my Dad. No help. Then I remember, oh yeah, Richard's brother does computers!!! So after a wild goose chase (using the ultimate stalking tool Facebook, I found Tyler's number, who I texted to get Lindsey's number, who called me and gave me Danielle's number so I could talk to Tommy.) Tommy and Danielle assured me that I couldn't have ruined it, and to take it in to the Apple Store. So I am heading over there first thing in the morning. If I can get up that early. But I will because this is Richard's computer and if it's ruined he will kill me. I have faith and trust Tommy though, I'm sure it's fine.

What a day, huh! I'm tired, I'm dirty, I'm stressed, and I'm mising Richard. It's been SO long but I have to wait up for at least an hour more before I can go to bed...Richard might get online.

I'll keep you posted on my adventures in the big city!

-Erika

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Whoa! I thought you weren't leaving until September 3rd! Man. That is crazy. Well have fun over there and be safe. Be aware of your surroundings and know your exits (and entrances!) young lady! I miss you!

MAYLEE said...

Holy crap girl! I'm so jealous of you! H&M! I love their clothes but they don't offer online shopping in the U.S. I bet you look so cute! Anyway, have fun and enjoy yourself! Love you!

liNdsEYloO said...

yay for wild goose chases!! :) p.s. you know there are 2 H&M's in VEGAS right??? ;) and i miss the east coast, am totally jealous and think its great!! come back with east coast fashion :)