Wednesday, August 27, 2008

All Alone in the Big City...and it Rocks!

So I went out for the first time alone today and it was absolutely amazing. I don't have my camera just yet, so I just took a short little walking tour. I saw a few things...like the freaking Supreme Court! Heck yes! And the Library of Congress and the Capitol Building!!! It is amazing here. I will live here someday. In one of those cute little townhouses in the Historic District on the Hill or out by Georgetown.
Afterwards, I took in Richard's computer to get it looked at. I was pretty scared, but it turned out that all those tears and stress was unnecessary. They cleaned it out and it worked just fine. Way to freak out Erika. That's just great. But things are looking up now! I've been trying to hijack internet into my apartment for the last few hours without any success, so I think I'll just have to pay. I think they're trying to starve us. Between the metro fares, outrageous cost of food, and having to pay for every service imaginable, it's a miracle kids here don't go into debt. I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel and I'm at the highest paying internship here!!!
More to come. I'm sure I'll have another adventure tomorrow!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Dear Erika... Because i don't know Richard-although i have heard of him many a times... efy does that to people!! Freakin how are you?? How's DC? Are you loving it?? I wanna hear all about it ok? I was quite excited to see this piece of work! You two are quite creative!!!

Danielle said...

dude! where are the pictures of the awesome sights?? I want to see DC, when you live there, can i come visit?