Thursday, October 16, 2008

You Can't Handle the Truth!

So I was riding the metro after work today next to an old lady reading a romance novel and thought to myself, "Wow. I wonder if her children and close friends knows about her obvious addiction to sketchy romance fantasies..." and I realized, there are a lot of people who read all these things I write and don't exactly know me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I do not read books like that or have any confessions of that nature, but really. Maybe many of you have asked yourselves, "Who is that girl? Really?" and here I am, ready to answer the questions that have haunted your minds for oh so long. But, take this as a precaution, you are entering a place few have ventured and returned with a happy tale. This place is the deep recess of the mind of Erika Morris.

  • First things first, I hate public mass transit. It is riddled with many assortments of diseases and vermin.
  • My guilty pleasure: Andrew McMahon (who was, in fact serenading me via iPod on my train ride.) I heart you forever Andrew.
  • I want to be a rockstar when I grow up. Seriously not joking. (P.S. I miss jammin' with you Chase and all my rocker home boys in L-Town)
  • I wish I had time to read more.
  • Sometimes I think I went through COLLEGE too fast. I honestly hold fast to the belief that you can never learn too much.
  • If I could I would spend the lost Inca gold everyone is looking for on books. Piles and piles of them. Oh, and concert tickets.
  • Sometimes I wonder how these people get into college, let alone graduate.
  • I can't wait to get back to school, full time jobs suck.
  • This morning I didn't eat breakfast and I saw three homeless people.
  • One thing I've been craving is a good dance party. Complete with Paramore and the Aquabats.
  • One thing I will never depart with are my Chucks. Broken, torn, and worn literally into pieces, these guys have stuck it out with me for 5 years and counting.
  • I'm tired of wearing my business clothes and just want my skinny jeans back.
  • One deep dark secret: I secretly wish I could dye my hair Fire Engine Red. Or maybe just parts of it. Unfortunately my hair is (for all intents and purposes) black.
  • I feel most alive rocking my face off at a good show. I feel most myself sleeping in the field behind my house in Washington.
  • Sometimes I feel like I'm living two lives. Like I'm a secret agent. Business grown up Erika that goes to work early and fulfills my responsibilities as an adult. Crazy irrepressible Erika that sings on the Subway and never holds back. I have two wardrobes. Pointy toe shoes and Vans. Eye shadow in Champagne and Neon Pink. A lady briefcase purse and my button clad pin stripe bag. Late nights studying like a mad man and late nights partying like a rock star.
  • I miss Kaysha and our chex treat making, Aquabats music video creating, documentary filming, DDR playing, Karaoke singing selves. Where art thou BFF of mine?
  • One of favorite memories is working outside in my farm boots, riding in the bucket of the tractor, picking blackberries and making cobbler, and swinging on the old tire swing out back.
  • Some of my favorite shows include, but are not limited to:
    • Sherwood (my very first and one of the best!)
    • Jack's Mannequin (BOTH times)
    • Saosin (I couldn't move my neck for a week and a half! Not joking!)
    • Paramore (She is my personal hero)
    • The Aquabats (Freak yes!)
    • Taking Back Sunday
    • Mae
    • And too many more to name!
  • I love EFY
  • I miss orchestra, symphony, and 2:00 weekly appointments with Dr. Emile.
  • I believe that you can find soul mates at any stage in life. Kaysha!!! And McKell!!!
  • I love my family and my friends.
  • I love Richard Vronick Christensen.

*Thanks to my cool friends that made this blog possible...and made it look so cool.

4 comments:

anna banana said...

I for one am grateful for the insight into Erika! You are cute! Hope WA is still treatin you good!

Richard said...

WA? Anna, Erika is in Washington D.C. not Washington State :)

liNdsEYloO said...

k i read this forever ago and thought to myself- this is why me and erika are friends. i love it.

liNdsEYloO said...

um....it been officially a month now...i feel so unfulfilled without your blog updatd...