Saturday, October 11, 2008

Arachnidologist-One who studies spiders


Well, with all these spiders around me I'm finding that I'm quite interested in these fascinating creatures! Maybe I'll become an arachnidologist! Here is the another spider picture, definitely the coolest one yet. For one because it's alive and for two because it is simply the coolest one yet! :) It is called a Golden Orb Weaver. Other names include Banana Spider and Giant Wood Spider. Although, these are all common names given to many species of the genus Nephila. There are a reported 27 species of this genus. The one I have here seems to be a Nephila Clavata. But, who knows, I'm just judging by the picture. This species is known to be in Japan, Taiwan, Korea, and China. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this B-E-A-UTIFUL picture! The Creator surely is an artist :)

2 comments:

liNdsEYloO said...

gross. remember that one time we googled spiders for like 3 hours? i knew then, deep inside, you were a freak ;) jk
erika: post something!!

anna banana said...

I dont think I could sleep at night...