Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Courts, Clothes, and the Civil War

So...apparently my life has been too busy to blog. Between work, vacationing, site seeing, studying, and late night chats with Richard, my schedule is starting to wear on me. I love my job though and I love Washington DC! What they say is really true, once you're here, you'll find your way back again someday, and I plan on it. Writing letters, watching votes, watching hearings, and simply taking in all of the history here has definitely been the fulfillment of a childhood dream. (Which is sad because most kids dream of like, becoming an astronaut or a princess or something. I'm just a nerd, daughter of a history professor.)

So I finally had some time to practice yesterday and my fingers hurt like crazy! I need to get new strings since I'm playing on cheap ones I stole off my old violin. Once I can afford a new pair of shoes, I will definitely look into buying some new strings. (Note: my priorities are straight.) My friend's family was supposed to drive some of my belongings out here, but unfortunately that fell through. I've been living off of 4 pairs of shoes, no jacket, and 3 sets of Sunday clothes for almost 2 months now. Don't ask me how I survive, because I honestly do not know. Oh well, good excuse to go shopping I say! Unfortunately, my meager intern salary doesn't give me much leeway, mostly due to the fact that I eat as much as a mid-size manatee.

My hair is getting long again. I really need to get it cut, but I am very wary of trusting anyone with my hair. I got so desperate that I cut my own bangs. Yeah, anyone who knows me should understand how dire this situation really was. But it's actually even past the awkward mid-length stage now so it's not looking too bad. But for a while there...wow.

Nothing really super exciting has been happening as of late. I went to Annapolis (which is a really fun place, another place I wouldn't mind living when I'm older and rich.) And chuck full of attractive sailors, due to the Naval Academy there. Just giving a heads up to any of the single ladies I know. ;) I've been to Gettysburg and Anteitam and plan to see Fredricksburg and Clarksburg this next weekend maybe. I know they aren't places people know. That's because me and Mike are history enthusiasts and have an odd fascination with the Civil War.

If any of you feel the urge (Lindsey!) feel free to come visit me out here. I have 2 couches and an extra bed! I need some excitement in my life.

Other than that, just the usual things taking place. Eating, sleeping, and missing Richard are what take up all my time outside of work, but I really am trying to get out and see things. If I could get over my addiction to Richard, maybe I will take advantage of Washington D.C.

No comments: