Friday, October 3, 2008

The Joy of One...and the Pain of none.

So! Things are going good. Right now I'm (this is Richard, Erika never writes posts because of the lack of Internet in her apartment) in a city called Sanya! It is nice, it's like Hawaii...only in China so kinda a lot more dirty :) I think I'm going to have a chance to go surfing tomorrow! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! (and I'm sure Erika is keeping hers crossed that I can't go :) She thinks a shark is going to eat me every time I even talk about surfing)

One thing that I've discovered/rediscovered about myself. I love to be alone. Now, I want to explain because now-a-days it's not so much that I want to be alone as much as I want to be with those that know me best. I don't like people not understanding my actions. Bri and Ty are great, don't get me wrong. We are great friends but, they just don't know why I do certain things and why I act certain ways. Like when I ask if I can stay behind or if I can go walk around the ferry by myself, they worry. I'm like, "You guys, I'm a loner, that's what I do! I go to restaurants and movies by myself...when Erika can't come." Now, of course I've always known this about myself and this isn't what I am claiming to discover/rediscover. I'm talking about how much I hate(!) doing touristy stuff that costs an arm and a leg! I would MUCH rather just buy a map of the city and walk around and see the people and ask directions to the nearest bookstore, street market, or restaurant. That is fun! That is why I go to new places and new cities, to see them and the people in them. NOT in order to do stuff that I can do some other time in America, like fishing or going scuba diving. Or even stuff that I can't do in America, like going to a monkey island. Ya, it's cool and I would eventually do it, but I want to get to know the city first. It's much more interesting to me.

Now, the pain of none. A seeking suspicion that I have is that I miss Erika. Ya, I know! You would have never guessed that with me saying in every post but, it's true. It's October though. So, counting down the days (literally). Things are going great. I love her more every day, and hence miss her more every day. But, with the increase in love also comes an increase in commitment and faith about us and our future. I know that everything will work out despite the many obstacles that stand in our way. We can do it together (and I enjoy being with her WAY more than being by myself, every time) Well that's it for me, have a good day cyberworld!
-R. Vronick

2 comments:

Danielle said...

awww, you wub her.. cute. ;)

I understand what you mean about liking to just walk around and discover a new place, that's the best.. And I didn't used to like being alone.. but i think its because i'd never tried it before. Being married to Tommy forced me to get in touch with my inner loner, lol.. and sometimes I find myself getting annoyed by people.. lol. esp. people that don't get me..

anna banana said...

You are cute, and of course you know I am right with you with the way to discover a city. We get it from mom...