Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Sometimes...

...things just don't work out the way you plan." - Harvey Bushkin, Heavyweights.

This is the story of my life, especially the last week or so. I found out today, the florist can't get a hold of any of the flowers that I wanted. None of them. Sad day. There are a number of things that haven't worked out...perfectly, but alas, there is still hope, for there are people who love me and are doing the best they can to make my day the most perfect day of all the days. :)

Thus, again it is time to count my many blessings.

I love Richard more every single day. Guess what he did for me? He bought me those shoes I couldn't buy myself. Isn't that what the best of friends do for each other? He does what I can't and reminds me that it's okay if I can't do everything by myself. And he thinks I'm pretty all the time.

I pick up my wedding dress on Saturday! The most anticipated of days for any girl.

I get my hair all prettied up tomorrow. I love that feeling, especially since I've let my hair become a curly ratted mess.


I have the best family-to-be and spending time with them this past weekend reminds me that there are other people who are thinking about me and Richard too, and I don't have to do all the stressing...I'm sure Kathryn has her fair share since me and Richard aren't exactly on the ball on many things...

Thanks Danielle for all of my frantic, daily advice seeking. Sometimes Richard just doesn't understand the importance of hair, jewelry, make-up, etc, etc, etc, and I can never decide what I want. She's had my back from day one and has been digging up little nuggets to make our wedding great all around!

I have a Mom who lives and breathes and works every minute of the day for me and my little sibs. It's been pretty stressful for a number of reasons for my family lately, and yet she dedicates time for my wedding every single day in the midst of potty training, cleaning, yard-working, shopping, and all the other "fun" things Mom's get to do. Thanks Mom.

I also have very supportive family. My Grandma is trying so hard to understand me (which is quite a feat for anyone, right?) so she can make the reception just how I've dreamed of.


I have so many things that I need to enjoy everyday that I don't and so many things to look forward to that I discount. Everyday is something to be lived, not simply endured. I love that the hardest times are sometimes when you learn the best things! :)

All is well! I'm getting married in 3 weeks! Yay!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww.. shucks *blush*

anna banana said...

Sorry about the flowers, I am sure it will still turn out beautifully, and congrats on the shoes! :)