Friday, September 12, 2008

Nine to Five...Actually Six.

So my second week at the job is proving just how tiresome this whole gig is. Well, that is probably my own fault though...staying up until 2 in the morning talking to Richard messes up your sleep pattern. I hate getting only 5 hours of sleep! My brain is kinda fried right now. Everyone asks me what I'm doing, to be honest I do a lot of things. I am the go-to guy (gal?) for the deputy chiefs of staff, errand girl for the Senator's assistant, constituent correspondent, and press assistant. And today, I was a ticket counter for the Presidential Inauguration. You'd think that it was boring, but Sammie, the head guy man, is HILARIOUS!!! I loved it.
Things are really going well and I know what I'm doing now, mainly doing a lot of research for the Senator. Oh, awkward Senator/Intern moment. All of us interns were waiting for the elevator and the Senator comes walking down the hall and we were like, Oh my goodness, that's him! That's the senator! We didn't know what to do, so as he walked by I kinda was just like, Hey we're your interns. Kinda really fast and quiet. I didn't think he'd hear me, but he turned around. He just kinda looked at us. Then introduced him and shook our hands. Looked at us again, and turned around and walked away. Awkward.
Other than that, I've put up with annoying neighbors, drunk interns, and boys trying to break into my room.
I've never been so tired before in my life. That is all.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

aw, how much fun I am having imagining you there :) Have you seen the tv show The West Wing? I love that show.. and i'm picturing you as part of it ;)