Tuesday, July 14, 2009

THE BEST SHOW EVER!

Okay, so Erika and I went to a Sherwood show last night and it was AMAZING! At first we were having our doubts. They were as follows:
1. This venue is small and pretty ghetto.
2. There aren't very many people here, maybe there won't be enough energy to make it a good show.
3. The first opening band was the worst thing I had ever heard...I'm not even joking.
4. When Sherwood was setting up we were the only ones standing in the front....and almost the only ones in the room.

But then! Sherwood started to play! And from the first song until the last it was FREAKING AWESOME!!!! Here is a video of end of For the Longest Time, which was the last song they played.



Richard wrote all this without me, so I decided I needed to put my two cents in too!

It was really something spectacular. Going through times of hardship when they acquired thousands of fans, my years of loyalty paid off with an intimate show, playing a lot of their old stuff, and a personal shout out from Dan. It was AWESOME!

I danced like a crazy person but had the time of my life! It made me realize just how grateful I am for these guys and their amazing music. I've taken for granted how I've grown up with them and how much I love their music.

At Tommy's request, I will now post about the worst band I have ever heard, which, interestingly enough, played before Sherwood. It is always darkest just before the dawn, right?

These were the quintessential garage band that should never, ever leave the garage. One looked like the fat Jack Black in the movie School of Rock and the other one looked like Chris Farley from Tommy Boy. The bass player looked pinched like a heroine addict and we didn't see much of the drummer, thankfully. Their music. Let's just put it this way, they had to skip one of their songs because they couldn't get it together, one included a 5 minute guitar solo that was so bad my ears were bleeding, and their final song was a tribute to 2Pac that lasted an unholy 10 minutes.

I'm pretty sure the only thing that could have redeemed that was the one and only Sherwood.


My homeboys...this is how awesome they are.

No comments: